- Please use the Test & Fees section to determine required specimen type; amount of specimen; and condition (i.e. refrigerated, frozen) of specimen.
- Samples can be dropped off at our laboratory during business hours or shipped via FedEx, UPS, or USPS. UPS and USPS deliver Monday through Friday and FedEx delivers Monday through Saturday. Whichever shipping method is used, be sure to get a tracking
number to monitor the status of delivery. Ensure that samples are double or triple bagged and leak proof; shipping services may stop shipment if the container begins to leak. Overnight service is recommended to maximize reliability of testing.
- Specimen specific recommendations
- Carcasses intended for necropsy should be kept chilled, not frozen, and double bagged to prevent leakage. If shipped, carcasses should be on ice (also contained in a leak proof bag) in an inexpensive, leakproof foam cooler. Birds should be
received within 5 calendar days to minimize autolytic change.
- Serum and plasma cannot be used interchangeably; please double check required specimen type for each test prior to submitting.
- If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact us.